Lauren's Naming Ceremony - 2/4/06




This is Lauren Ashley Cunningham's naming ceremony. Rhonda, who married Dave & I, performed the service, which was lovely. Lauren was "blessed" with red and white rose petals symbolising love and purity. Her godparents are in the bottom photos - Lou and Ash (who she is named after). I thought I should also include a photo of Lauren and me, as I am usually the one taking the photos. She is wearing a dress given to her by my godmother's family, Betty & Peter Deal.
Lauren was very well behaved during the ceremony and then afterwards she just smiled lots and was passed round various people getting lots of cuddles. She was very smiley until about 6.00 when she fell asleep in Shea's arms (Shea and Ash married on 31 March 2006). It was lovely to see so many friends, and of course, having a BBQ on our deck again. Unfortunately we didn't have perfect weather, but at least the rain wasn't too heavy. John Fleming did an amazing job cooking the food and it's a shame he's returning to Guernsey. Thank you, John.
Dave & I are very proud to be Lauren's parents and we adore showing her off. I'm looking forward to taking Lauren to London and introducing her to my friends and family.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home